- Hon Sanusi Wanzammai
Commissioner, State INEC – Member
- Captain Mai Riga T/ Mafara – Member
- Sani Gwamna Mayanchi – Member
- Bello Bakyasuwa Soja to serve as the secretary to the committee and their terms of reference will be given to them by the office of the SSG on Monday.
- Formation of additional paramilitary unit to support control and command to properly and effectively reinforce the operations of our community protection guards CPG.
This newly established unit has the following structures and appointments:
- Retired Commissioner of Police Mamman Anka as Commandant – General
- Capt Aminu Mada rtd – Deputy Commandant General Operations
- Sulaiman Lawali Zurmi – Commandant Operations
- Bashir Nafiu Gusau – Commandant Mobilization.
- Alh Aliyu Na’ibi Karakkai – Commandant Surveillance and Intelligence.
Other members of the control and command centre of the Community Protection Guards are.
- Shi’itu Makera T/Mafara
- Bello Dankurmi
- Dogo Na Bukkuyum
- Re – constitutimg the state committee on prosecution of banditry related offences.
Government has also reconstituted the state committee on prosecution of bandits related offences as follows:
- Dr Sani Abdullahi Wanban Shinkafi as Chairman
- Ibrahim Sulaiman
Chief of Staff to the Governor – Member
- Rtd Justice Nasiru Umar Gummi – Member
- CP Mamman Anka rtd – Member
- Engr Mamuda Aliyu Maradun – Member
- Rep of the Nigerian Army – Member
- Rep of the Nigeria Police – Member
- Rep of the DSS – Member
- Rep of the Civil Defence Corps – Member
- Rep of Hunters – Member, while
- Barr Aminu Junaidu Kaura
Hon Attorney General and Commissioner for justice – Secretary to the committee.
Furthermore, in view of the deteriorating security situation in Mada, Wonaka, and Ruwan Bore Districts of Gusau local government, as well as Yansoto emirate in Tsafe local government, His Excellency, Governor Mohammed Matawalle MON, Barden Hausa and Shatiman Sokoto, has approved the immediate closure of all.markets and Kara in these districts and Yandoto emirate indefinitely. In addition this, government has equally banned riding of motorbikes and selling of petroleum products in Mada, Wonaka and Ruwan Bore districts, as well as Yandoto emirate.
Henceforth, all filling stations on the affected areas are hereby closed with immediate effect. Anybody found riding motorbike within the areas is considered as bandits and security agencies are thereby directed to shoot such persons at sight. Security agencies are by this announcement directed to ensure strict compliance. Anybody found violating this order should be dealt with according to the rule of law. Government would not condone any act where innocent people are being killed.
Government is also using this medium to thank all those who honoured and respect the peace dialogue in what ever form. In the same vein, those who refused to honour and respect the peace dialogue are here by warned to allow peace within our respective communities. Government is hereby directing the military, police, civil defence and other security agencies to mobilise their operatives and take fight to the enclaves of the criminals with immediate effect.
Ibrahim Magaji Dosara
Hon Commissioner for Information